Wednesday, December 23, 2009

On getting married and other such trivial stuff...

Hello all!

I know there isn't anyone who reads this blog and doesn't yet know about this, but it doesn't hurt to write it down for archiving purposes! I got married! (YAY!!!) :) It took me some time, but I got married! I remember that when I was 14 (probably on the day that I turned 14) I once brooded about that fact that I still had 7 years before I could get married! (as Geet says in Jab We Met.. "mujhe na bachpan se shaadi karne ka bada shauk tha!" :) ) I had no idea that it will be 7 years AFTER I turned 21 that I'd finally manage to get someone to marry me. It wasn't for lack of trying, I tell you. Finally.. finally I was able to fool someone into thinking that I am worthy! :)

Everything was decided in a hurry. This meant that I didn't have a lot of time to worry about the wedding itself, yet I managed to worry quite enough about it during last 1-2 months. The actual event came and went so quickly that I am still wondering what all the fuss was about! The days of Nov 19 and Nov 20 merged into each other so seamlessly that I still am not sure which of the two dates I am expected to forget in the years to come. Garima says we can (and I think we should) celebrate our anniversary on both the dates. We shall always consider Nov 19 and 20 to be a single 48 hour long day! :)

I'd have loved to post some of the pictures from the more fun parts of the whole thing (the pre wedding pooja etc.. the post wedding sangeet etc), but for some weird reason I didn't get anyone to take pics of those things. Most of the pics that we have as of now are the ones from the wedding ceremony in Delhi and our honeymoon in Goa and Panchgani/Mahabaleshwar. Posting some chosen ones here.


The wedding venue before the I showed up (more than an hour late, since you ask... Garima was all ready and waiting while I was trying to find my way through Delhi's traffic..)


With Honey (my nephew) on the 'bagghi'


Following the photographer's instructions (except the one about me smiling...)


Clearly not as happy with the situation as she was!


Doing the "round and round"


All excited about the wedding, no? :) bored and tired and looking forward to some sleep...

Back to Meerut (where my parents have recently bought a house!)

No comments: